*This will allow you to construct a custom backyard water slide to your desired specifications.
• Plastic Poly Sheeting roll of desired size and thickness
• Sand Bags or Stakes
• Water (sprinkler is recommended but not required)
• Liquid Soap (baby shampoo is recommended but not required)
• Daring individuals
1. Find the ideal spot. Choose an area with soft grass, smooth earth and your preferred amount of incline (depending on how fast you want to slide), as well as a safe landing area.
2. Prepare the area. Clear the area of any rocks, sticks or any other sharp objects that may puncture the poly sheeting and/or cause injury.
3. Roll out your poly sheeting. For a wider slide usable by everyone (kids AND adults) use a 8’x100’ roll in either 4mil or 6mil (6mil is recommended for its durability, especially if you are planning on reusing the slide in the future). For an extra long slide go with a 10’x100’ or 12’x100’ roll and cut it in half length-wise. Then, using reinforced weather proof tape (duct tape will also work in a pinch), join the two pieces end to end for a 200ft. monster slide!
4. Anchor the slide in place. Secure your poly sheeting in each corner (min.) with either sand bags or stakes. Longer slides may need additional anchors towards the middle.
5. Thoroughly wet the slide to ensure a slick surface. A lawn sprinkler in place next to the slide will help to keep the slide wet.
TIP: To further reduce friction apply a small amount of liquid soap to the slide and spread evenly. Dish soap is one option, however tearless baby shampoo is preferred when small children are using the slide.